Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Update - Mem Day

Hi friends! Sorry it's been forever since I've updated - I know that's against the new blog rules I set for myself awhile ago :). Things have been busy around here, so I'm going to update you step by step. 

Right after my last post, Greg, Rocky, and I headed East to Arizona, where we had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend. The first few days we were there were overcast, which has actually happened to us during the past few AZ trips we've taken. Because of this, we spent the first day on a window shopping trip, going first to a few car dealers (we're pondering trading in Greg's Passat for a used SUV...baby, Rocky, and all of their respective stuff will not fit in the measly backseat of either of our cars alone!). It was an interesting experience. I, like most people, hate going to dealerships, but the tone and desperation of the salesman has definitely skyrocketed since I bought my Prius back in '07. 

After learning a bit about cars, we headed over to Babies R Us, which was our first baby gear experience. We were totally overwhelmed by all of the things there! Imagine if there were a Weddings R Us - it's like that. Every aspect of baby life in one huge store, and if you are a first time parent, it's crazy. It was worth it, though - I love seeing Greg's face light up every time he sees a cute picture of a baby - it makes me realize what a great dad he's going to be! 

After our informational shopping day on Friday, we spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the sunny, warm weather. We went on many golf course walks with Rockstar, as well as morning walks/runs (I walked - Greg is trying to get back into his running routine). Arizona is always relaxing and fun. 

We headed back to California on Memorial Day Monday. We probably won't get back to AZ until Labor Day, so it was sad to leave. Still, a year into our CA stint, it was nice to be back home. 

No comments: