- My seesters, who call/text me about funny things, like how Ann will give lots of Auntie Anne pretzels to our little girl, and how Katherine got food poisoning from fish - very reminiscent of "Airplane." Or, my new personal favorite, how she related to the "lone wolf" speech from the movie "The Hangover." She had me on the floor laughing so hard at that! Anyway, it's nice to keep in touch with them, and I really appreciate it!
- My Groton friends, who never cease to be AMAZING. It's not uncommon for me to get a text saying "good luck at the doc tomorrow! Text me as SOON as you leave letting me know how it went!", when I just mentioned in passing that I had an appointment once to them three weeks ago. It's amazing! Even if it's just a quick email or text, it means so much. They also keep me laughing too, with so many funny stories I can't even count them. No matter what, they are always so excited and supportive of everyone else around them, and I love that about them!
- My parents/Greg's parents, who kept their lips sealed for the first trimester, when I wasn't ready to tell the world I was pregnant. This is a big deal - my mom has never kept a secret from her twin sister in her life (she'll claim otherwise, but when your Aunt lets your SAT score slip during your senior year in high school, one starts to wonder...). And Mom set me up with a pediatrician at home already, which means a ton. And Dad has given me lots of money advice, Wall Street Journal articles, and Orioles' updates. Greg's parents give us fun stories about Tessie (Rocky's Great Aunt, a black lab), and always are so good at keeping in touch. Nice to have when you're far away from home.
- College friends - It's been hard keeping in touch with all of my college friends, as we are all so scattered, but the few I have kept in touch with are so wonderful to me. Even though I haven't seen most of them since our wedding, they are still great.
- Roscoe - My roommate post-college in Richmond, who deserves her own category because a) she is so fabulously Jersey and b) she's really the only friend I made aside from work in Richmond, and doesn't fit into any of these other categories. So luck to have found her!
- New friends - I finally have made a handful of friends out here. They have been great with baby advice/baby gear advice, and have been fun to hang out with.
- Finally, as strange as it may seem, people who have stumbled upon this blog, either through Facebook or some other way, and have kept in touch with me. This includes people I knew at UVA, Capital One friends, and others. It's great to hear from them, and really means a ton!
Thanks to you all! I really appreciate it. Happy Monday :)


No comments:
Post a Comment