Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Update: My Favorite Things

Being pregnant has made me hone in on what things I truly crave (either because I can or can't have them), and what makes me feel the best that I can be. While I may not currently be in the best physical shape of my life or feel gorgeous every time I look in the mirror (come on girls - we all have moments, hopefully, when we look in the mirror and think that about ourselves! but that's just not happening much these days), but I've learned to value the things that do make me feel good. I thought I'd share some with you:

What I CAN do, and enjoy:
  • Working diligently toward a goal. As you know, I'm studying for the GMAT right now, and I've admittedly not had much time the past week to study on a daily basis. This has reflected in my practice tests and quizzes, and it's made me feel awful. When I dedicate the time to this goal every day, I see results, and it makes me feel great.
  • Healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables. I love peaches, oranges, avocados (the two latter are AMAZING out here!), and really any fresh produce. It takes a bit more time to throw together a salad than it does to skip it at dinner, but I'm always happier when I do.
  • Good desserts - key lime pie, chocolate pudding pie, ice cream sundaes
  • Anticipating our new arrival with Greg. He's not around much these days, but when he is, it's so much fun to feel the baby kick, and here him tell me that I'm acting "just like our girl will!" (this phrase is most commonly used when I'm proposing a purchase that isn't necessary, but very useful :) )
  • Working up a sweat. I can't really go on runs like I used to, especially out here in the 110 degree heat, combined with the strong sunlight and the hills, but occasionally I still work up a sweat. Not when I walk with Rocky, but I went to the gym twice this week - once to go on the stationary bike and once on the elliptical, and both felt so good.
  • Daily (almost) Bible study. I've been making a concerted effort do spend at least 20 minutes a day doing this, and, like exercising, is easier, more rewarding, and more enjoyable the more you do it. 
  • Meeting new friends, and spending times with old ones. I've had a lot more time to do this now that I'm no longer at the PSBOT, and it's been great to catch up with people I never seemed to have time to see, and to meet new people. 
What I CAN'T do (but can't wait to do!):
  • Share a bottle (or two) of wine with Greg
  • Go for a nice, long run, as fast as I can, and not feeling like there's a cheesecake sitting in my stomach
  • Sleep in any position I want to! What I would give to sleep on my stomach/back these days...
  • Eat the most raw, high mercury sushi I can find :)
  • Drink Shock Top, my favorite beer of all time, while hanging out with Greg when he's grilling

No comments: