Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

25 Weeks!

I thought I'd write a quick post today to update you all on where I actually am in the baby process, since I haven't in a while. Today is the 25 week mark, which is crazy, because it means I have 15 weeks or less to go!

People say that you have really vivid dreams when you're pregnant, and for me it's definitely been true. First of all, our baby girl decides to kick up a storm around 3-4 every morning, so I'm either wide awake or just enough awake to have a dream and remember it. But I've also heard that a lot of people have dreams because they are so busy thinking about what it will be like with a baby that they've dreamed about it. The two dreams I've had like that this week have been ones in which I actually had the baby, and both times it was the most painless thing (yeah right, I know - but I can dream , can't I?). 

Last night it was like I lived in one of those movies where time just passes and the main character doesn't realize it. I woke up in the hospital and was so confused, because I was only 6 months pregnant and didn't feel like I was in labor, but when I asked Greg he said "I don't know what you're talking about - it's October 7." When I informed him that my due date was October 8, he said he was "taking precautions". Ha - at least one part was realistic! So then the nurse had us walk around to "get things going" and that's what we did for the remainder of the dream. Oh - and the nurse (unbeknownst to me, I guess this happened during the mystery 3 months that I missed) and her husband had moved into our house to help us "adjust" after the birth. I was so annoyed, but so nonconfrontational about it - another realistic touch. 

Anyway, thought I'd give you an insight to my crazy mind. According to Babycenter.com (which sends us weekly updates as to what is going on with the baby) she is the size of a rutabega.  I say, if you're somewhat normal, you don't know what size that is - I sure don't! But I think about the size of an eggplant. And her hair is starting to grow, and if we could see her we'd see the color of it. She can also start to tell up from down, and for a couple of weeks now has been able to sense light from dark, and hear sounds (which means she might come out singing songs from the same repetitive country music station that Greg puts on EVERY night while I cook dinner!). 

Also, this morning when she was kicking so much, for the first time I felt more than just a little jab. I felt an elbow, or a knee, or something curved! It was really creepy and weird. Like something out of "Independence Day," when an alien is living inside of a man's body. Eww. Can you tell why I'm not a doctor? But cool, I guess, too - once upon a time I was a creepy elbow sticking into my tiny mom's tummy! Also a gross thought. Enough about that. 

Just thought I'd give you all an update. Greg leaves for a six-week training program next week, and is working all through the weekend to prep for it, and coming home around 11 PM. So he's basically gone already :(. I go back home on Wednesday, and won't see him again until August 5. Then he goes BACK out to the field again for another week, and won't be back until the 17th. My point is, next time he has a "normal" schedule where he's home for dinner every night and we have weekends together, I'll be 7.5 months along! Definitely exercising my longterm planning skills, as we have to get the nursery and all of that good stuff together. 

Enough about baby. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I think she's waking you up in the middle of the night because she's on east coast time already :) see you soooon!