Saturday night, Greg and I went to an event at the O Club on base that was biker themed. As you all know, Greg and I don't exactly have a closet full of Harley garb. But you would be impressed at the officers who do! While I have to admit, I wasn't jumping at the chance to spend my Saturday night on base, I had fun. I met several really nice wives in 3/4 (Greg's unit), and met most of the people that Greg has mentioned on a regular basis, so now I can put faces to names. Best of all, my dad was super excited when I told him I went to an event at the O Club, since some of his fondest Navy memories are from the O Club in San Diego.
Sunday morning Greg and I left the house before the crack of dawn (4:30, to be exact) to head to the airport. Greg was in the field all last week, so I decided to break my streak of being away from Maryland, and go home! It was great to see Mom and Dad, who took me out to dinner at The Chart House, which is where Greg and I had a brunch the day of our wedding. It only took one bite of crab meat to let me know I was in heaven again!
The week flew by. I spent a lot of time with Mom and Dad, went on walks in the stifling Maryland humidity, went to Annapolis for a little shopping/to gawk at the ridiculous growth of that town, and hung out with Mica, Katherine's fat cat who is on an extended vacation at my parents' house. Before I knew it, Friday afternoon had rolled around, and I was headed back over the Bay Bridge, to Baltimore. Since my flight left at 8:00 AM on Saturday, meaning we'd have to leave Chestertown at 5 to get to the airport in time, I stayed at the airport hotel at BWI. However, Mom and Dad took me out on the town to the best restaurant in Baltimore, called Charleston, before dropping me off at the airport. The last time I was there (as my dad pointed out to the hostess), it was with my entire family and Greg to celebrate our engagement. Two years later, and look at me now (Dad points to belly)! Good laughs for all. The food was fabulous, as always, and we even got to meet famed Baltimore chef Cindy Wolf. After dinner, Mom and Dad dropped me off at the hotel, where I spent a restless night convincing myself that the constant opening of the fire door outside my room was a masked gunman. My nighttime imagination is a little wild these days!
Yesterday, after a looong day of traveling, I landed back in California, where Greg and Rocky picked me up at the airport. It was so great to see them both! I missed them so much. I was so tired yesterday, I pretty much just slept and lounged around the whole afternoon. It was good to be back home. Which brings me to today! Greg is once again back at work, but Rocky and I have had a classic weekend day, complete with our 3.5 mile walk (Groton friends who visited me, you know the one!).
Tomorrow, I have an ultrasound appointment at 9 AM. I'm now over 22 weeks pregnant, which means I'm over the halfway point! Crazy. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll find out if it's a boy or a girl. Since the appointment is just in the Radiology dept and the doctor won't be there, I'm not sure if I will. I have a follow up doctor's appointment on Thursday, so hopefully I'll find out then at the latest. Either way, I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, please say a little prayer that Baby Gehring is healthy and happy (and that his/her kicks are happy kicks, not angry ones!).
Hope you enjoyed my update - thanks again for taking the time to keep up to date on our adventure!


No comments:
Post a Comment