Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GMAT Math = Reminding me of my biggest weakness

As some of you may know, I am in the middle of an online course to help me study for the GMAT, which I'm taking in July. The course is great, and is very challenging, and has reminded me of just how miserable math can be for me! I've always been good at it, but not a natural - I was the kind of person who had to study a ton for a test in high school that other classmates could just wing and get the same grade. 

The interesting thing about the math problems for the GMAT is that the same questions still trip me up, all these years later! (I haven't taken a math class since fall semester my freshman year in college). Specifically, geometry problems that deal with things like cylinders. I hate those! And problems that deal with sets of numbers - miserable.

 It really is silly, some of these questions. I spent two hours on a practice quiz yesterday, and got 5 questions wrong, which amounted to a score of 86% ! I  was so proud of myself...until I realized that the title of the quiz was "introductory math quiz," followed by an intermediate and an advanced quiz, which I need to take today. Oh well, at least I'm somewhat of a wiz in "intro math"!

Oh well - I suppose this is why I'm practicing now. I'll keep you posted on how my intermediate and advanced quizzes turn out :). 

On another note, Greg, Rocky, and I are headed to Arizona tomorrow for the weekend, where I won't have internet access. I will update after we return on Monday night. If I don't talk to you in person, Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

No comments: