Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby Gehring...and I don't mean Rocky

And now for a quick life update... for those of you who don't know, Greg and I are expecting a baby, and we are absolutely THRILLED! I found out in the beginning of February - actually, probably a few days after my last February blog post. Which means that yes, I've run a half-marathon while pregnant (who cares if I was 3 weeks - it still counts, and I will forever use it as a truth in the game "2 Truths and a Lie"). Greg was gone when I found out, and in the first six weeks after finding out, Greg was gone training for 4 of them. So, rather than telling everyone we knew as soon as we found out, we kept it a relative secret until I hit the 3 month mark, just so we could let the news, excitement, and yes, fear, sink in (whoever said that the realization that you will be taking care of a brand new person does not come with fear was lying!).So far, so good - I've been to the doctor every 6 weeks, have had one ultrasound at 11 weeks, and heard the heartbeat most recently in April. My next ultrasound/appointment is the week of June 8, so hopefully then we will find out if it's a boy or a girl! And confirm that all is well as far as the baby's health goes. Until then, everyone please say a little prayer that he/she is a healthy one!
Because of this news, there have been lots of emails to write and phone calls to make. It's been nearly impossible to keep in touch with my East Coast friends (ie, 99% of my friends) with the 3 hour time difference, but I think I've been getting a bit better. I also was extremely busy at work, which has now ended (see next post), so it was just hard. But, like my last post said, I'm back in the saddle, so you'll be sick of me soon!

The great news is, I'm finally starting show! It's very exciting - I'm due October 8 and am currently 18 weeks and change (turned 18 weeks on Thursday). I've gained about 15 pounds, which is on the high end of what's "normal" (silly, because there is no standard pregnancy, I feel like), but is still normal, so I'm feeling good about that. At least I'm not on track to gain 80 like Jessica Alba did. To prove that I'm showing, here are two pics - one from last Friday, and then one from several weeks ago (I think I was 15-16 weeks). I know it's not a huge change, but it's still cool to see that there IS something inside of me!




Ok, enough about baby. Another non-baby update will be following shortly, since I have had 3 months of fun since you last heard from me :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Ahh so exciting!!! Can't wait to see what you'll look like when I see you in July :)