1) Reading "An American Wife", by Curtis Sittenfeld. I loved "Prep", because it was based on Groton, but was not a fan of her second book, "Man of My Dreams." I was skeptical about this one, because it is based loosely on Laura Bush, and was afraid it was going to be too political for me. But it's not - it's fascinating, and well written! I'm not quite done, but so far, 350 pages through, I highly recommend it.
2) Listening to Darius Rucker's new album, "Learn to Live". Great country to sing a long to, or just listen to as you're working around the house or driving.
3) Read "The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy". Seriously, even if you're not pregnant - it cuts through the fluffiness of all other books, and addresses how I feel to the T! I'm pretty sure I could be best friends with the author - alas, she's married to a rich producer in LA, and I'm sure hangs with a more affluent set :).
4) And finally, my nighttime entertainment:
Monday: Gossip Girl, 24, and The Hills (the latter is usually relegated to DVR, but still...)
Tuesday: American Idol! And Dancing with the Stars Results in commercials. And 90210.
Wednesday: AI Results...kind of a slow night
Thursday: Ugly Betty, followed by The Office
Sunday: What else? The Simpsons!


3 comments:
Hey Louisa! So happy you gave this link on Facebook -- I loved reading about life with you recently. And wow has it been eventful! I'm thrilled for you and Greg :)
Louisa - COngrats that you are expecting - love the blog and glad that I saw it on FB Karen Kardian
Hey weez! i like this! keep it up! I read American Wife about a month ago- loved it too!!! (loved prep, but not man of my dreams..) I'm impressed your doing the MBA with the pregnancy/ baby, but you've always been a bit of a rock-star yourself :) hope i can make it out there-- or MD?-- to see you sometime soon!! AOT, Nuff
Post a Comment