Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Letters from Miss Brown's Class

Miss Brown, AKA Catherine Brown, sent a lovely stack of homemade cards from her class in Charlottesville, VA. Since the no more mail date had passed when her class made them, she sent them to us in California, and they arrived the very day Greg came home. Some of the cards are hilarious, so I thought I'd share them with you. In a nutshell, I love that kids have no problem saying what we are all thinking (cute little kids typos included)......

- "Dear Lt Gehring, Mrs Gehring, Caroline - First thank you for saving are country and Miss Brown told me about Caroline she sounds pretty thank you"

- "Lt. Gehring your such a hero for surving our country Baby Caroline your so cute. From Your Fan"

- "Dear Lt. Gehring, I hope you haven't been badly injured. P.S. I hope you have a wonderful Spring."

- "Dear Gehring Family, Thank you for saving our country you are the best"

- "Dear Lt. Gehring, I hope you are okay in Afghanistan."

- "Dear Caroline, I am really happy for you to meet your Daddy."

Thank you Miss Catherine Brown for doing this! These cards really made us smile, and made Greg recount the cards he got while in Afghanistan. His personal favorite was "Dear Lt. Gehring, I hope you are up in a tree shooting the bad guys". Another brilliant strategy... perhaps we should all just look to these kids for more ideas!

Thought you'd enjoy :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

AH! What an awful teacher to have let such terrible grammar mistakes slide! Glad you all liked them:) I shared the homecoming pics with the kids, who were THRILLED to see your family back together again. You three have big, big fourth grade fans in Cville!