Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, April 09, 2010

The Home Stretch: Friday

Today is the first day within Greg's original "arrive home window." Needless to say, no Greg. I'm still being pulled around though, as the Manas base resumed all military flights this morning, then curtailed them again this evening. So I have no idea what's going on. Perhaps his delay won't be as big as he suspected, and he was able to get out in the 12 hours that the base was opened. Perhaps it will be even longer than expected, and he's still stuck on base. I don't know - I haven't heard any updates from him.  We will see - I'm certainly not hinging too much on this one.

As for me, you can probably guess that I'm EXHAUSTED. I haven't been this tired in a long, long time (wait...who am I kidding...I was definitely this tired after Caroline was born but that I'd been expecting). This whole thing has been such an emotional rollercoaster, and as I result I've had a hard time sleeping, been going to bed late and waking up earlier, and just haven't been very energetic. I feel like when Greg actually does get here we are going to go home and want to sleep for 36 hours straight, but unfortunately won't be able to do that with our little bundle of joy. Oh well - it will be more than worth it just to have us all together under one roof, even if we are all exhausted!

Please be thinking of us and hoping this situation clears up shortly....more than anything, it is tiring!!

No comments: