Today, as many of you know is Greg's and my two year anniversary. As I was talking to my friend Anna on the phone yesterday, I found myself asking her where the heck the past two years have gone! Think of the difference between Move-In Day first year of college and moving into your apartment at the beginning of third year (or freshman to junior year, for all you non-Wahoos). It feels like SUCH a long time has passed, and you are infinitely wiser and cooler in the ways of the world.
I'll admit - I do feel wiser and cooler in the ways of the world than I did on March 1, 2008, but I really can't believe where the time has gone. Two years have gone by so fast, and yet, here I sit, having lived in California for nearly 2 years, with a pup that's almost 2 years old (in 10 days!!), a sweet baby girl who is turning 5 months on Saturday, and a husband who is turning 25 in two weeks. So time has passed, and we have the numbers to prove it.
Someone asked me yesterday how long Greg and I had known each other. When I figured out the answer - I met him just after my 18th birthday - I realized how long it's been! I felt so old first year in college! And I'm sure when I'm 31 I'll be saying the same thing about how I feel right now! Life never ceases to amaze me.
What am I going to do to celebrate my 2nd Anniversary? Not sure. Hopefully, hear from Greg. That will be a start. And then I'm going to pack for the Caribbean (which I am SO excited for!!) and maybe go out and get a fancy dinner to eat tonight. Followed by the finale of The Bachelor. Sounds like a fabulous day to me!
As many of you also know, this is the second Anniversary Greg and I have spent apart. Last year he was training for deployment and, given the current schedule, there's a good chance he'll be gone next year too. But it's ok. A friend of mine (another Marine spouse) told me that she wasn't with her husband on their anniversary until their 6th one! And I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you about my fabulous 1st Anniversary. This time last year, Caroline Hamilton, Cabell Belk, and Sarah Thorndike all came out to visit me, and we ran all over SoCal (from Palm Springs to Santa Barbara to Beverly Hills) having a blast! It was the best anniversary ever, and I'll never forget it.
I'm so sad I can't be with Greg, but at the same time I sort of feel the same way about anniversaries as I do about Valentine's Day. They shouldn't be special in theory, because you and your spouse should treat each other like gold every day of the year. So it's not a big deal.
AND....the best part about this anniversary? I can now say Greg is coming home NEXT MONTH!
Monday, March 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are so amazing, girl. I don't know if you can see it in yourself or not, but I do and I am so proud to call you my cousin. I for one am sure that I was no where as mature as you are at your age. By the way, I am about to be 33 and I assure you the time only goes by faster! Love you.
Post a Comment