Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Busy day

Today Caroline, Rocky, and I had a crazy day! First, I closed shop in the house (rule of thumb: always make sure your house is spic and span before you leave for trips - it makes the homecoming so much more fun!). That took awhile, then I had to round up Rocky and Caroline and take them down to the Grand Paw, where we dropped Rocky off. Then I went to the gym, which also gave Caroline the chance to eat again (thanks to childcare) so that I could just pick her up, grab lunch, and head to LA.

When we got to LA, Caroline and I went swimsuit shopping, since I left all my swimsuits in Arizona and I only had one very old one in my drawers! Unfortunately we only found one that worked out, but it's a winner nonetheless. Anyway, it was a great LA day - we were at The Grove, which is this awesome mall, and our day was classically LA, complete with people entering CBS' television city for the American Idol taping and seeing a B-rated actress (ok maybe C-rated - I only know her because I watch the CW).

After we went shopping we went to Whole Foods to pick up dinner, and then we checked in to our hotel, where we are spending the night before our 8:30 AM flight tomorrow morning. Caroline took awhile to fall asleep in her "new" crib in the hotel, but she is finally quiet.

A funny thing happened today when we were shopping. I got a voicemail from the Grand Paw, and I had these visions of having to go back to Palm Springs to rescue Rocky from some disaster that had happened. But then I listened to the message, which said, "Mrs. Gehring, this is Bill from The Grand Paw. This isn't an emergency, Rocky is doing fine, but I just wanted to alert you that he just vomited a pair of children's underwear and baby socks. I wanted to ask you if there is anything else we should be aware of. He is acting normally otherwise. Thank you."

Ooohhh Rocky. So that's why he was so angelic last night. I miss that boy so much already.

And for those of you who may feel sorry for Rocky that I am going on vacation without him, this is a picture of The Grand Paw, the greatest pet resort in the Coachella Valley. I'm not kidding - and you should see the inside!


Wish us safe travels tomorrow -- we are excited to go to Blue Bell for a few days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So jealous! Have a great time and give your family a big hug from the Holts!