Today my day was so bad, that really, it became funny after awhile. Just a bunch of really small not devastating things but annoying things happening that all added up to the kind of day you see in sitcoms. I'm about to go hide under the covers and go to bed early to hope it goes away. Anyway, I just sent this email to Greg, and realized that actually it's a pretty good description of just how crazy my day was. And so, just for this one time, I thought I'd share an email from me to Greg with you....
* * *
Today I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. As you know, I woke up to round #2 of Mr. Poop in his crate and leave it for Ma to pick up. Then I realized that it also got on the rug, and all over the bars of the crate, so I had to extensively clean it. Not happy. Then I went outside to take out the trash, lost my balance and stepped off the sidewalk into the River Gehring, which continues to grow for the third straight day. Freezing cold water in my flip flops. Not happy. Then I realized that the trash bins were FILLED with water, so I lugged them to their spots, before realizing that wait, it's not Thursday, it's Wednesday, and I didn't have to go through this misery until tomorrow.
Then, as you know, the yard guy came and left the door open. Rocky promptly went to the front of the house, where he was hanging out when I came outside to get him (I had a feeling this would happen when I saw the yard guy), and he sprinted away. I didn't have a leash on me, so I had to grab him by his collar and drag him back, but it took a good 10 minutes and a bunch of construction workers watching me awkwardly as I tried to do this. Kind of funny, but then listen to how the rest of my day went....
I spent the whole morning depressed because I miss you and it's raining for the third straight day. Finally I decided to watch something trashy, anything trashy on the TV, so I go to turn it on and I get an error signal on the screen that says to reboot the receiver, and if that doesn't work then "a critical error" has occurred. Of course it didn't work. So I call Directv, and wouldn't you know it, the hard drive for our DVR has crashed, and is unable to be fixed. So, we've lost all 4 hours of 24 that I've taped as well as the Office. Yes, we can get those on the internet, but still. So I figure I could get a man to come out today to give me a new one, but of course that's not possible because they mail the new receiver to me. So I'm not getting it until at best Friday, and if I don't get it then I won't get it until Monday. UGH. And, when the new receiver comes, I have to plug it in and do all that stuff to set it up, and that's a Greg job. Moving on...
Finally the time comes to go down to the gym, and I tell myself, I'm going to celebrate my awful day so far and achieving my final, pre-pregnancy weight by going to Jensens and getting a ton of really good prepared food and eating it for dinner. And something really good for dessert, like a brownie. So I get to the gym, feel around in my bag, and of course, my wallet isn't there. I left it in the Prius from yesterday (I always leave it in the car when I go to the gym) and I decided to take the Tahoe today because it was raining so hard (this was my ONLY good decision of the day). So, no Jensen's for me.
I come home from the gym, look in the freezer, and see that there is still some spaghetti sauce that Ann made when she was here that is frozen. I figured that was a good second choice if I couldn't have Jensen's, so I stuck it in the microwave while I fed Rocky. I took it out of the microwave and went to go change Baby C, and before you know it I hear a kerSPLAT and our pal Rocky had jumped up and gotten the ENTIRE tupperware of spaghetti sauce. It's all over the floor and he's lapping it up and I'm so mad at this point. I through him outside in the rain, and he knew he deserved it too (to be fair, he's not in the rain, he was in the covered part right next to the kitchen door).
And so, in conclusion, I had plain pasta tonight for dinner. I want to just go to bed and hope that tomorrow won't be so crazy. It's been such a bad day it's almost comical, really. But not. How was your day? I love you so much and miss you and hate deployments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment