I stumbled upon this article today on CNN.com. It's no news to me, as we've been told for over a year that communication in Afghanistan is primitive, certainly when compared to the communications that troops have had in Iraq and on ships in the Persian Gulf. No Skype, little email, few phone calls...it seems unthinkable on one hand. But on the other, this is how people communicated to their loved ones for war after war! I'm hoping it won't be too painful for me, since I don't have another deployment to compare it to...it's not like I'm used to getting calls from halfway around the world every day, unlike other wives whose husbands have been deployed recently.
Anyway, I'm all about educating people on what this life is like, so I thought maybe some of you would find this interesting. Lesson here: send Greg (and any one else you know who is or will be deployed) a real live letter - they will love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment