Time for a long overdue update. Since the 4th, I've been keeping myself busy! Katherine, who came home for the 4th, stayed for two weeks, and we spent the entire time pretending like we were in the midst of a middle school summer. Meaning, we'd wake up in the morning and brainstorm some crazy activity that would launch us out of the painful summer boredom that inevitably sets in in Chestertown. Among our excursions: a trip to Annapolis for dinner and Wednesday night racing (sailing, for those of you who aren't familiar), another trip to Annapolis to buy baby stuff for my parents' house, shop at Whole Foods, and to eat lunch with Mary Chaney (Kat's sis-in-law) and her mom, and a trip to the craft store in Dover to cook up some crafts for the baby. We had a blast. We spent lots of time hanging out and catching up, which was wonderful because I hadn't seen her since New Year's.



In addition to than filling up my lazy days with Kat, I attended a baby shower that she put together for me at my parents' house. It was so much fun! It was a small affair - about 8 people came, but it was wonderful because I got to catch up with everyone there, including Greg's mom, Greg's aunt, three of my friends from college, and my roommate from Richmond. Everyone was so generous, and I got more adorable pink clothes than I thought existed! Baby Caroline will be the most fashionable girl on the block once she gets here. The best part of the shower, besides the people, was the food! Kat cooked homemade BLTs, deviled eggs, gazpacho, salad, shrimp cocktail, and corn bread. For dessert we had peach pie. Yummy! It was such a wonderful Maryland summer lunch.
Some pics from the shower:



Three cheers and many thanks to Kat for all of her hard work!


1 comment:
HEy Weez! I must have missed the name revelation, but I caught it here. Caroline is such a beautiful name... can't wait to meet her! All your adventures sound fantastic! Glad to hear everything is going well and hope you have a great two weeks with Greg so soon!
Post a Comment