Tomorrow, after three weeks in Maryland, I am heading back to California. I have a massive head cold, and all I want to do is sleep and try to clear out my sinuses, so the two flights between Maryland and California are not looking so appetizing right now. Hopefully my ear won't clog as badly as it did yesterday, on my flight back from Boston. I can't wait to get home and sleep.
It's been wonderful being home and catching up with everyone. I've definitely gotten a great dose of Maryland summer, eating steamed crabs twice, lots of crabcakes, and soft shell crabs! I've also gotten out on the boat several times, and have soaked in enough humidity to last me until next year. There's nothing like being home in the summer!
After I arrive back in California, I have a little less than two weeks until Greg gets back. We are over the halfway hump by now, which is great, but it seems like he's been gone forever! I wish deployments consisted of just leaving one day for 8 months, but instead it's several 2, 3, and 4 week training sessions building up to those 8 months. It might as well be a year! After he gets back, I get two weeks with him, then he heads out for three more weeks. Let's hope the next two weeks go by fast, and the two weeks after he gets home go by as slow as molasses :).
Wish me safe travels tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment