As many of you know, I think my friends from high school are the best in the world. They are so supportive, funny, uplifting, and are always willing to go the extra mile to get together (even though this happens once a year, on a good year). Three of them came out to California to visit me in March when Greg was training, and we all decided to try to plan another reunion this summer when I was home, so we could catch up on happenings again.
Everything about the weekend was beautiful. The weather was perfect - 75-80 and sunny every day. Even more beautiful was the house where we stayed, which belonged to my friend Caroline's parents. They were such wonderful hosts, and it was great to catch up with them. We also had beautiful and delicious food! I had the most wonderful sandwiches on artisan bread every day, Cape Cod chips (my FAVORITE! and they don't sell them in California), blueberry muffins, pancakes, and even a frittata one day for breakfast, and excellent dinners and desserts. Thank goodness I'm "eating for two" (shhhh! don't tell the psycho doctor on base!).
We spent the weekend doing nothing but relaxing activities. We went on their boat for a cocktail cruise one night, traveled to a beautiful beach on the Atlantic Ocean one day (where I got a massive burn - oops!), window shopped in town, lay out on the lawn, napped, talked, and read. Even though I caught a cold there (not sure why :( ), it was still so relaxing.
As usual, it was great to spend time with my friends. I felt like I was able to catch up with every single one of them, and have my usual sidesplitting laughs and great conversations. I am so lucky to have them!


No comments:
Post a Comment