Sorry for the overdue update. Not much has happened since I got back from Maryland, although I have to say, it's nice to be back in our own home. I never really realized what a creature of habit I'd become until I went home to my parents' house for three weeks, and was subject to living other people's routines, and not mine. I missed our yard, Rocky, and the quietness of our house. That's not to say I didn't miss the 115 degree heat - it has been SO hot here! I saw on the weather report that the high in Yucca is supposed to be in the low 90s this weekend, and I seriously thought to myself how cool that is...funny how standards change.
Since I've been back, I've been busy trying to get the house somewhat in order for the baby's arrival. I shipped back all of the wonderful gifts I received while I was at home, and have been unpacking them and trying to get the nursery in order. I also took a Child/Infant CPR class that I saw was being offered on base, so I feel somewhat prepared in that arena, although I hope and pray I never have to use those skills! Other than that, I've been busy finishing up the application for the ASU W.P. Carey MBA program, which starts in January. I had to write three essays, and I had completely forgotten just how painful admissions essays are! I finally completed them last Thursday, sent in my recs and transcript, and am now just waiting to hear. I hope I get in! If not, whatever happens happens.
The biggest thing that's happened since I last wrote is that Greg is home! After over a month at Mojave Viper he came home last weekend, and it's been great to see him. I think he's also enjoyed being able to sleep in his own bed, eat real food, and hang out with me and Rocky. We are both getting so excited for the baby, so it's been fun to go shopping for clothes with him, decorate the nursery, and get other baby things! Even though he won't be here when she's born, it's great to have the time together to anticipate her arrival. He's also already given me permission to take a 7 month vacation when our second child is born, so we can call it even :).
This weekend we are heading back East to Blue Bell, where we will be able to spend time with Greg's family and friends one last time before he deploys. I can't wait to eat some Pudge's cheesesteak (chicken cheesesteak with mushrooms, to be exact), and to see everyone! It will be my last flight before the baby is born, so even though it's a miserable redeye on Thursday night, at least I won't have to deal with a plane for a few months. At which point I'll have a crying infant on my lap :).
So that's the update. Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch with me!


No comments:
Post a Comment