Greg is winding down his work before he has leave, so we've been spending some time planning a trip we are going to take together. We haven't been on a real, more than a weekend vacation just for ourselves since our honeymoon, so we're really excited! Since I can't fly (or won't be able to in my last month), we are going to take a road trip up Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco. We plan on stopping in Santa Barbara and Monterey/Carmel, before landing in San Fran for a few days. We can't wait! The weather promises to be much cooler on the coast than it is here, and we are excited for a "babymoon"/predeployment vacation to spend some time together.
Other than that, we are also spending time looking at cars. Since Rocky and his worldly possessions can barely fit into the back of either of our cars as is, we decided we'll need to move up a size to have enough room to travel with baby, Rocky, and, in the more distance future, potentially more kids. There's a specific car in Arizona (which has lower sales tax than CA, by 2%) that we're eyeing, but because it's in AZ we haven't had a chance to physically look at it or test drive it yet. We're keeping our fingers crossed that it's still at the dealer this weekend, which is when we are planning on going over to see it. Greg has been helping me out with negotiating the prices with the dealer (miserable, as always), so we'll see what we get. Hopefully all goes well and there's a happy ending to this! We really want to get the car before he goes, so that I'll be able to travel to Arizona to visit my parents in the new car over Christmas.
Finally, the big news - I just found out today that I got in to ASU (that's Arizona State) business school! I'm so excited. Classes start in mid-January, so I have a few months with the baby to relax before I have to hunker down and hit the books again. I'm also excited to be a Sun Devil - one of the greatest things about UVA that I loved was the wonderful athletic program there - ASU (sorry to you Wahoos reading this, but it's true) puts UVA to shame! At least in the basketball/football department. As a student, even though I won't be full-time, I'll have access to student tickets, and all other student services, so I'm hoping over the next few years (Graduation is January 2012) we'll be able to make it to at least one game.
Phew! So that's what's going on here. Rocky is still being as sweet as can be, and Greg and I are also working on finalizing the nursery/baby gear. There always seems to be something more to get - I'll take pics and post them as soon as we're done!


No comments:
Post a Comment