Ann and I have definitely kept ourselves busy! On Wednesday we went to Palm Springs for a spa day, and got massages and pedicures. They were amazing! Especially the prenatal massage - it definitely helped my lower back, which has been hurting quite a bit. Thursday I had a doctor's appointment, where I was told that everything seems like it's in ship shape, although I still have a bit more waiting to do. Yesterday I took Ann to Palm Springs to some of the cool stores (Trina Turk has one of her flagship stores here, and there are tons of neat modern interior design stores), and we also went on a successful hunt to find her a new purse, which was fun. After relaxing, reading, and napping yesterday afternoon, we were treated to dinner at Mamma Gina restaurant in Palm Desert by our friend Frank, who is also out here in 29 Palms. Today we went to the Joshua Tree farmer's market, which is held every Saturday, and then went to the grocery store to stock up on items for Ann to cook meals that I can freeze and eat once the baby is here. So far she's made spaghetti sauce, and is making chicken curry as we speak (yes, the house smells amazing right now!).
This afternoon we're going to head down the hill to see "Julie and Julia" (catch the trend? we Colliers love food), before we go to the airport to pick up Katherine, who flies in from Boston tonight! It's been so nice having someone here to talk to/keep my company. Ann heads back to Denver tomorrow night, but Katherine will be here for two weeks - leg two of my family coming out to help with me and the baby. I can't wait!
As for me, I'm definitely feeling VERY pregnant = very uncomfortable. My lower back is hurting, and I can barely sleep. I also have very little energy. I think my body is telling me it's not going to put up with it's 9 month tenant much longer. Hopefully I'm not going to be waiting around much longer! Worst case scenario, it will be 2.5 more weeks, since the hospital on base will induce me once I hit the 41 week mark. I just need to be patient.
I still have not heard from Greg. I was told we wouldn't hear from them for about a week, so I'm not too worried, and I heard through Frank that they made the trip safely, so that's good. I miss him so much. Nighttime is the hardest, because I'm tired and I just sit and think about him and wonder what he's doing. He feels so far away (which he is, I know...11.5 hrs ahead of California!) but still, for some reason it feels so different than when he's gone training somewhere else. Sometimes I feel like I've already gotten into the groove of the deployment already, and other times I don't. I think that's the nature of the beast though...you have good moments and bad ones.
So that's the update! Thank you for all of your support through this. It's helping me out more than you realize, and even though Greg isn't in touch right now I can't tell you how much it means to him to know that you are all making sure I stay at least halfway sane.
I hope everyone has a great weekend - I'll write again soon!
Pic of the Post:
Ann bustling around in the kitchen, making curry chicken


1 comment:
Louisa,
I'm thinking of you often in this final stretch before your girl arrives!
Lots of love,
catie
Post a Comment