I am so sorry I haven't written in forever! The past few weeks have been incredibly busy - in a good way. Greg, Rocky, and myself had a fabulous time in Arizona, complete with a 4th of July Diamondbacks game, and nightly golf course walks. We really needed the 5 days of vacation, and surprisingly, Rocky seemed to know it, too - he rarely woke up in the middle of the night, and wouldn't bark for breakfast until around 7:30 (instead of the usual 5:30).
After getting back from Wickenburg, I spent the week preparing for my first big trip East, to Charlotte for Cabell's wedding. Since I spend most of my time with a dog, I had quite a bit of upkeep to do. Haircuts, finding a dress for the various events, and altering my bridesmaids dress...needless to say, there was a lot of running around! On Thursday morning, I left our house to take Rocky to a "pet spa" for the weekend. This was not our first choice (the Grand Paw - AMAZING), but it sounded good on the website. It was horrible. I walked in, and the man didn't even ask how much food to feed Rocky, didn't ask for proof of vaccinations, or anything. ALL of the dogs were barking like crazy, and he wouldn't even let me say goodbye to Rock before whisking him off into the doggy concentration camp. I found myself bawling as I left the "spa" for the airport, and thank goodness my magnificent husband came to the rescue. Because Greg had to work on Friday and was taking a redeye, he picked Rocky up, and found a wonderful friend to agree to watch Rocky for the weekend. I was so grateful, and all of my fears of having a traumatized pup were washed away.
Cabell's wedding was fantastic - there were tons of people there, but it was great to see everyone (including my parents!). I was so glad Greg could make it, and aside from my feeling faint during the ceremony and having to slip away (I blame the 4" heels), the wedding went off without a hitch. Cabell was gorgeous. It was amazing to see all of my best Groton friends again - I haven't laughed so hard and so long in a LONG long time!
Now I'm back in Yucca Valley, sans husband for the week. It's been a really long week without Greg, who's in Quantico training. He's coming home tomorrow night, and I can't WAIT! I don't know how I'm going to survive 7+ months if one week is this hard. I'll do it - and I don't have to think about that now. I somehow became sick as a dog though, which stinks, because it's summer and I don't want to be sick. And I'm sosore I can barely stand up, thanks to a new workout class I started this week. Oh well - At least Greg will be home tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment