Today Rocky, Greg, and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of my parents. They were out in Phoenix earlier this week, and are driving over to Palm Springs tonight to spend the weekend with us! We can't wait. I'm spending today cleaning up the house and desperately trying to make a good first impression, since they probably won't be out here in the near future after this visit! I'm also trying to tucker little Rocky out, so he's not a chewing menace when they come. I'm not too worried, though - Rocky was all my Dad would talk about at Cabell's wedding, and I know they're both excited to meet him.
There is so much I want to do with my parents - take my mom to El Paseo (the "Rodeo Drive of the Desert"), to Pioneertown (where all the old Western movies were filmed), to base (of course!), and to Melvyn's, Greg's and my favorite restaurant (it's where Frank Sinatra had his rehearsal dinner, just to give you an idea of it's classy Italian level). Hopefully I'll be able to do all of that! We'll see - they're only here until Sunday. I can't wait to show off the desert! I'll write more of an update after they leave to give all the fun details.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment