Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is having a happy and festive Valentine's Day. Mine is going great, considering that I'm not with my Valentine. The weather here is fantastic (70 and sunny), and I've been keeping myself busy all weekend. Yesterday a bunch of 3/4 wives and their kids came over for a potluck dinner, and we had a great time! It's always fun sharing stories about how neurotic we get when guessing the homecoming date, funny things kids do, and looking forward to homecoming and the Birthday Ball, which will be in Vegas in June.

Our Valentine's Party last night (courtesy of the camera timer):

Today I am going over to my friends Todd and Crissy's house for dinner. I babysat for them Thursday while they went on their Valentine's date, and they asked me over for the real deal in return. It was really sweet of them - they have made sure I'm not ever alone when I don't want to be this whole deployment!

I also got a phone call from Greg last night, and an e-rose. What's an e-rose, you ask? It's this:


  ((^))
     II
     II
     II


This was at the end of my Valentine's email from Greg this morning. It was very clever, and I wonder how long it took Greg to do. I'm not even going to ask.

And finally, if you're in the mood let to me be self indulgent on this Valentine's Day, a few pictures of me and my Valentine over the years...

October 2003: Navy Homecoming Dance
(the first night we met - I was on a blind date with Frank Furman. Clearly didn't work out too well...)


November 2004:
UVA Football Game - A week before we started dating. I had the BIGGEST crush on him here!


September 2007:
Jefferson Vineyards, right after Greg proposed. Proof that you really should always look good around your boyfriend....what if he proposes and a photo op arises? I clearly wasn't following that rule here...darn Virginia humidity.

 

And finally, March 2008:
Our Wedding





TWO MORE MONTHS! This exercise is making me realize I basically have no photos of me and Greg together after our wedding - pathetic! I'll have to work on that once he gets home.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Happy Valentine's Weez!