I can't believe it's been three weeks since I last wrote! Katherine's wedding seems like it was just yesterday. Time really is beginning to fly. I hesitate to say this, but I feel like Fall might be creeping into Yucca Valley, finally! The highs this week have been in the high 80s and low 90s, which has been so refreshing compared to the past few months. It has also brought an increase in "prehistoric critters," as Greg calls them. In the last week, we've had a tarantula and a scorpion in our house - gross!
Since I last updated everyone, I've been somewhat busy. The week after I returned from Chestertown, I went to a course on base called "L.I.N.K.S." This is a course for marine spouses who are either new to the Corps, or new to a particular base. Since I'm new to both, I thought it was a great experience. I learned all about uniforms, ranks, customs, and all about what there is to do on base. The most rewarding part of the course was meeting other wives who have been out here for a shorter time than we have. Since most people are only here for 3 years max, I'm already an old-timer, just for being here for 4 months! It was a great way to meet a few people, and share experiences. I've also been going to my workout class on base (which yes, still makes me sore every day! But I like it), and went to a day-long seminar yesterday taught by an awesome woman who is a journalist in Virginia. I really feel empowered now to use my strengths to deal with deployments and military life in general.
In other news, I FINALLY got a job interview!! It was with the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism, as a Marketing Specialist. I think I would really enjoy it, but I'm not sure if I got the job or not. My second interview was Monday, and I have yet to have heard from them. Keep your fingers crossed!
Greg checks into his "real unit" in a little over a week. We both can't wait. It will be nice to finally be able to meet other spouses and know that I'll be with them for a few years. It will also be nice for Greg to finally be in his real job, after four months.
That's pretty much the update here. Rocky is doing well, and is growing/shedding more and more every day. He is the most athletic lab I have ever seen. Last night, he jumped from a chair to the bed, which was easy a 4-ft leap in the air! I'm a little scared about what's to come once he's fully grown. As I write this post, he is keeping me company with his steady snoring.
Please keep in touch! We miss you all.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment