Hello everyone,
I apologize for taking forever to update my blog. As usual, I was waiting for something substantial to write about, and then all of a sudden a ton of things happened.
Since I've last written, I've been pretty busy. A few weeks ago, my friend Nick Roper from Groton came to visit us for a night on his roadtrip across America. It was fun to have a friend come stay, and to show him around. I took him to base, showed him Palm Springs, and went to the Living Desert, which is best described as a zoo without cages, in Palm Desert. It was a lot of fun, and great to catch up with him.
Last weekend I went up to Sundance, Utah, to help Ann out with her wedding planning. The resort is gorgeous - the mountains of Utah had fully transitioned to Fall, and all of the leaves were orange, red, and gold - something that's impossible to find here in the desert! It was so much fun to see Ann, Tyler, and my parents, and also to hang out with Paula and Jon, who are helping out with the third Collier wedding of '08. The food was great, as was the lodging (we stayed in an actual lodge on the property), and I can't wait to go back for Ann's wedding (although I'm not excited about the snow...one thing I don't miss about back East).
Also, the biggest news...I got a job!! And accepted it :). It's with the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism, as a Marketing Specialist. I start on Monday, and I'm really nervous! I hate first days, and awkward transition times. I feel like I'm just starting to get out of the worst and most awkward transition of my whole life (moving to 29 Palms), and now I'm starting another one! How exhausting! I really hope I'll be pleasantly surprised and like it. Wish me luck!
Other than that, Greg and I have been enjoying the cooler temperatures (90-100 degrees). We've been honing our golf game, which is our new favorite pasttime. We also took Rocky on a day trip to Big Bear, which is a beautiful ski resort only an hour away from here. We took him on a hike, which was a blast. In other news, Greg finally left his temporary job, and checked in with the unit he will be with through 2 deployments over the next 2.5 years. I hope I meet some spouses through this unit, but it's nice to feel like we're finally here for a reason.
So that's the update...again, wish me luck on my job, and I will try to update again soon.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment