Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two Weddings Down, One To Go!

Last Saturday was not only Greg and my "un-anniversary" (the day we had originally planned to get married), but it was my sister Katherine's wedding! What a perfect week. Katherine's reception was at my parents' house, so I was able to go back to Chestertown for the first time in three and a half months. It was so nice! The weather was perfect - blue skies, not too humid/hot, and everything seemed so incredibly green compared to Yucca Valley!


I arrived home Tuesday night, and was able to relax and spend a few days at home before the big day. On Wednesday, I went into D.C. and ate dinner with a few of my old college friends, which was wonderful, especially since finding friends has been a bit of a challenge this summer! Thursday I hung out with Katherine and Ann, and it was great to catch up with them. Overall, it was great to see the hustle and bustle around the house, and to take it all in, instead of having to soak up the atmosphere in four hours at the reception.


Friday the family arrived, and the festivities started. Katherine had a beautiful rehearsal dinner at an old hotel in Chestertown, complete with a slideshow and many toasts. After the rehearsal dinner, some people went out to the local bar, but I went home to rest up, since I had to pick up Greg from the airport at 6:15 in the morning!


Saturday was a total whirlwind. I left my parents' house at 5 AM to go. pick up Greg. It was so great to see him! I then went to the "ladies' luncheon," and was whisked away by my mom to get my hair and makeup done at our house. We then all took pictures (it was a PERFECT day!), and went to the church. After the ceremony, we headed back to the house, where we had a beautiful outdoor cocktail hour followed by dinner in a tent. After dinner, there was dancing with a band, and before we knew it, the reception was over! We had a blast, and can't wait for wedding #3 on December 13 in Utah!



Here is Katherine and Jacob at the wedding. What a classy pair!

On a sad note, my grandfather also passed away while I was home last week. This wasn't a surprise to us, as he had been declining in the hospital for some time, but was very sad, nonetheless. He was a truly great man. On Sunday morning, my mom organized a beautiful memorial breakfast, with all of his relatives. It was great to celebrate his life by telling stories of how kind and caring he was. I think his obituary does a beautiful job of describing his life: http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/222-08192008-1578655.html


With the wedding and breakfast wrapped up, Greg and I headed back West to our ever-growing pup. With the big events of the summer done, I now am really hoping that a job comes my way soon. Wish me luck!




No comments: