Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, August 08, 2008

Natural Disaster #3

This past Monday, as Carolyn and I were driving to 29 Palms so I could show her around base, we encountered my 3rd natural disaster in 2 months. What looked like a rain cloud suddenly became a horrible flash flood, causing the main highway to be closed, and us to wait for 2 hours on the side of the road. After the storm had passed, I found out that they had closed the base entirely, since all the roads leading away from base were flooded, and over $150,000 worth of damage was sustained! This picture appeared in the local newspaper the other day, and I thought I'd post it up, just to give you all an idea of how crazy this storm was! 

So, for the record...wildfire, earthquake, flash flood that basically looks like a twister...what can possibly come next?


Greg and I are looking forward to relaxing this weekend, for the first time in awhile. He has been out on the range all week overseeing Marines shoot ammo, so he's had several 16+ hour days. This weekend we will just sit and take care of Rocky (who had his surgery to get fixed yesterday), and enjoy a peaceful weekend!

No comments: