I am so sorry I haven't given an update in so long - life has been pretty hectic! After coming back from Groton, Greg and I left Yucca Valley again for Mexico, where we went on our Honeymoon (finally!). We had a blast - we went to Cabo, where we had fun in the sun, played golf on the most beautiful course I've ever seen, and had the best chips, salsa, guacamole, and margaritas we had ever had. It was wonderful - we will certainly never forget it!
The day after we arrived back in California from Cabo, we drove to Riverside, where we picked up the newest member of our family - Rocky "Rockstar" Gehring. Rocky is a yellow lab, and he was born on March 10. He's a great boy. He's so friendly, loves to play and be around us, and (like all puppies) loves to cause trouble and be adorably cute at the same time. We're trying hard to train him, and we know he'll be a great friend to us. Needless to say, raising a puppy is a full-time job at first, so I have had my hands full!
Greg checked into 29 Palms last Tuesday, so he now has an idea of what he will be doing. As of right now it looks like he won't be deployed until early '09, which is awesome, but I'm not holding my breath, as things seem to change all the time these days. He likes it so far, which is great. I've also started my job search. I'm still interested in working in Palm Springs, but I want to make sure I find a job I like. I've sent out a lot of resumes, but have yet to hear from anyone - I know eventually I'll find something that I like!
So that's the update in a nutshell....besides the 300 acre wildfire that burned in our backyard yesterday. We were driving back from base and saw a small cloud of smoke, which grew bigger and bigger as we drove to our house. Turns out, there was a voluntary evacuation in place for our neighborhood! Eventually the fires were put out, thanks to the amazing firefighters out here. It's awesome - if you've never seen a wildfire, there are dozens of helicopters that drop huge "water bombs", for lack of a better word. It's really neat to watch, especially because it was all so close. Luckily, we survived (apparently these happen all the time, all summer long), but our plans of grilling were pushed to the side :).
I promise I'll be better about updating - please keep in touch - we miss you all out here!


No comments:
Post a Comment