Since I last wrote, Greg and I have gone to Yucca Valley, unpacked most of our stuff, and have already traveled back East to Massachusetts for my high school reunion! For those of you who don't know, Greg and I found a great house deal - it's owned by another military couple, who is currently stationed back East. It has a beautiful view of the mountains (including Big Bear -a ski resort here), and it in a great, safe neighborhood. It's about 30 minutes from base and 30 minutes from Palm Springs, which is wonderful. Our things arrived on Tuesday, and we spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday unpacking and breaking down boxes. The big obstacles that remain for us now are buying the "big things" - beds, a sofa, etc. We already bought a washer and dryer, so we are excited to clean our clothes once it's installed! Aside from some issues hooking up TV/phone/internet, we have been very blessed with how smooth this transition has been.
Last night we took a combination of flights to get to Boston in the cheapest manner - first from Palm Springs to LA, then a redeye from LA to Philly, then from Philly to Boston. We were so pooped when we arrived! We are staying at my aunt's house, who lives in Concord. Tomorrow we head out to Groton to see old friends - I think it will be fun - we certainly have enough small talk material!
So far, we love it out here. Sunny skies, warm weather - it's everything everyone says SoCal is! It's a bit of a bummer coming to Boston, where it's rainy and 60 degrees...but at least we know we're going back to great (if extremely hot) weather.
So that's the weekly update - I miss you all - please keep in touch!


No comments:
Post a Comment