Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update

Since I haven't written in over a week, I thought I'd give you all an update. For the first time in a long time, I feel like things are just starting to settle here in Yucca Valley. Greg's in his third week of work, and is starting to get the hang of it. So far, he likes his job, and likes the base, as well.

Rocky is growing ridiculous amounts every day, is more hyper than ever, but is also more adorable than ever when he's not running around like a mad dog :). He gets his rabies shot and final distemper vaccination in two weeks, which is when we can start taking him out on the town, to the Palm Springs dog park, and to training. I signed him up for an obedience class in July, which I'm really excited for!

As for me, I'm still sending out resumes (so far, to no avail), which is frustrating, to say the least. Hopefully something will pan out. I know there's a reason for everything, so I know the right job will come my way at the right time. In the meantime, I'm trying to find groups and activities that will help me meet people out here. It's hard moving all the way across the country and only knowing one other person (Greg)! I've been in a bit of a funk about this recently, so hopefully this will get better soon. 

Open invite is still available for anyone that wants to come visit! Just as a warning, the average June temperature has kicked in, which is anywhere between 110-115 degrees. Can't wait until August. I feel like I get sun just by walking from my car to the store! At night it's awesome - about 78 - but the daytime can be brutal. I knew I was getting used to the weather when I saw that the forecast for Monday is 98 degrees, and I thought to myself about how nice and cool that is! 

This weekend Greg and I are taking our first weekend adventure, to Las Vegas. It's about a 2.5 hour drive. We're leaving on Saturday morning, staying at Luxor (fake pyramid - we keep it classy, even in Vegas :) ), and going to a Tim McGraw concert on Saturday night! We are also excited to hit up the slot machines - I'll let you know how it goes next week !

Please continue to keep in touch - we miss you all, and can't wait to see you!

No comments: