Fast forward a year, and here I am, as Greg is on his first of many multi-week training missions. I can honestly say, despite all of his puppy shenanigans, that Rocky has been a saint. It's like he knows that all I need is for him to be my companion, and that putting up with his usual hyperness is more than I want to handle right now. He has cuddled with me every night (on Greg's side of the bed, of course!), curls up in a ball next to me on the couch when I'm working or watching TV, and (my favorite) has taken to sleeping with his head on my lap.
Rocky has also definitely grown into his watchdog skills. Six months ago, he was oblivious when the doorbell rang or someone opened the door. Now, he can sense and hear a car arriving outside even before I do. He'll sit straight up, and growl and bark until (as is usually the case) Greg or Frank comes in. I love it!
Life is still extremely lonely without Greg, but I have to say - if I needed anyone who could make me feel constantly loved and safe at the same time, it would be my Rockstar. Here is a picture of him last night, when I was watching the Grammy's :

Three cheers for Rocky, and let's hope he keeps this up!


No comments:
Post a Comment