I know it's been a while since I last wrote, but we have both (as I'm sure you have, too) been so busy. Last weekend Greg and I went back to Blue Bell for Thanksgiving, and had a blast! We spend some quality time with the PA Gehrings, the O'Donnells, and Greg's friends from high school. We also made sure to enjoy the fine delicacies of Blue Bell, such as Pudge's famous cheesesteaks and Palermo's pizza. On Saturday after Thanksgiving we went over to my Aunt Nancy's house, and ate lunch with her, her daughter Lissa, and Lissa's husband, Mike. We had a blast - it was so great to catch up, and to tell stories about my Uncle Jack and Grandfather. Saturday we also went to Frank Furman's house, where we were able to catch up with both Frank and Ryan Kelly, who we hadn't seen for a year and a half. While we were tired when we returned to Yucca on Sunday, it was a great visit.
This week we've both been working long hours, but are getting in the Christmas spirit. Today I went to the Yucca Valley Christmas Craft Fair with my friend, which reminded me of the Christmas fairs back in Chestertown, but westernized. Tonight we bought a real Christmas tree (from Home Depot, for those of you who are wondering where one might find real firs in the desert), and decorated it. Even though we won't be here for Christmas, it's nice to have a tree up!
Next weekend we go to Sundance to freeze our tails off and attend Ann and Tyler's wedding (seriously - it was 50 degrees out tonight and we both thought it was 32 out! I don't know if I"ll survive in real freezing temps...). It will be fun to see everyone, and to see snow! I think it will be the perfect kickoff to the holiday season. The weekend after that we go to Arizona to help my parents decorate for Christmas, and the weekend after that is Christmas! I can't wait to see my parents again, and to spend time to relax and be with the family.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I will hopefully see you all soon!
Louisa


No comments:
Post a Comment