Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welcome!

Hi friends, 

Welcome to our blog! In case you were wondering, the title is inspired by a commonly used phrase in the Marine community. Semper Gumby (Always Flexible) is a spinoff of the USMC motto (Semper Fi), and perfectly describes the adventurous, exciting, and often surprising and unexpected lifestyle of the Marine Corps.

As you all know, Greg and I are in the midst of our big move from the East Coast to our new home in Yucca Valley, California. While Greg has been in Camp Lejeune, NC for the past six weeks, I have been in Richmond, VA - so not only is this move the start of our West Coast life, but it's also the start of our life together!

On to the move....After moving out of my Richmond apartment on Saturday, I am spending the week in Chestertown, MD, at my parents' house. Greg and our friend Frank helped me move up here, which was great (see picture below!). 
We are embarking on our roadtrip next Wednesday, after Greg finishes training. I will keep you posted on the highlights. We hope you enjoy!



Frank and Greg, my amazing movers

No comments: