Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A few thoughts of the day...

Because I'm alone (well, alone as in the only one around who speaks the English language) most of the time, I have many random thoughts. Here are a few of the ones I've had so far today. It helps to get them out of my head...

1) When I was little, I used to think that every adult had their state's abbreviations after their names. Why? Because my mom and dad are both doctors, we lived in Maryland, and so their names always said "Thomas/Virginia Collier, M.D.". I was pretty embarrassed when I realized this wasn't the case. But, now that I am older, I think I was pretty clever. Right? Maybe just a little bit?

2) If one more person comes up to be at the store and asks "What aisle did you find her in?" I will scream.  It's kind of funny the first time, but really it's not that original, and I always have to smile and give some lame, not witty at all answer, like "Electronics, obviously". Har har. Ugh. I know I should be a good sport about this, but I just think this joke has gotten old. So, for those of you who have ever made that comment to a mom, chances are she's heard it ten billion times before. Just a thought.

3) I can't stand people who walk around the week before Christmas in Santa hats. In the store, in their cars, every where. I know that's kind of Grinchy of me, but it really annoys me, kind of the same way people walk around in Halloween costumes in October and are dead serious about it. I don't know, it makes me feel like I'm surrounded by elementary school librarians or something.

4) Sometimes I'm a super mom. I've decided this as a part of my realization that if I start giving myself pats on the back more often then life is a lot more fun. I only have these moments occasionally. In fact, I've only had them four times since Caroline was born. What are these times? When I took Rocky and Caroline to the dog park, when I navigated through LAX the Sunday before Thanksgiving with a baby and two carry-ons by myself, whenever I go on a walk with Rocky and Caroline, and when I went to the vet yesterday with Rocky and Caroline. You can see a common thread here - super mom = I singlehandedly lasso my daughter and my canine son together. Speaking of which, Rocky always thinks he's at the jail when he goes to the vet. My suspicions of this were confirmed yesterday when he looked like this: 



Is that a mug shot or what? 
(And yes, he sits on the human bench while waiting, while all the other dogs are on the floor. He makes Marley look boring.)

That is all. Happy weekend to everyone!

No comments: