Hi everyone,
I am so sorry I have been slacking off on my wall posts...so much has happened, and I've been so busy! First of all, I got the job as a Marketing Specialist at the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism, and accepted it! I started up three weeks ago, and have barely had a moment off since. So far, I really like it. I'm so busy, but I like being busy at work. I'm in charge of planning and implementing the Ad/Media calendar, so I get to choose what publications, radio stations, etc, we advertise in. I'm also filling in for the former admin, so I basically have two jobs in one. I enjoy it though - there's nothing worse than being bored at work! Another thing I like about this job is that it's smack in the middle of the small Palm Springs bubble. In just a few weeks, I've already met the Police Chief, the City Manager, and the owners/managers of many of the biggest businesses in Palm Springs. It's pretty cool, and fun to meet them all! My manager is also really great, as are the two other people in my office. So let's hope it continues to go well!
In other news, Greg has joined his permanent unit, and is busy getting everything in order for them to start training. We also found out yesterday that our good friend, Frank Furman, will be coming out and joining up with Greg's unit, too! It's so exciting to know that we'll finally have a close friend out here.
Last weekend, Greg and I went to Seattle to visit John and Kathleen Maurel, who are good friends of my parents. We had a blast! The weather was gorgeous (not a cloud in the sky!). The first night we ate dinner at the Maurel's, where Kathleen made a wonderful meal of crab, salad, and apple pie. On Saturday we when on a 6 mile hike on Mt. Rainier, which is absolutely gorgeous! We also went downtown to dinner at a wonderful restaurant. On Sunday we went on the Duck Tour, which was wonderfully tacky and so much fun. It was also a great way to see all of Seattle. We then went to an IMAX and walked around Pike Place Market, before eating lunch and going to the airport. What a packed, fun weekend!
After arriving in Palm Springs, we spent a night at the Rendezvous B&B, courtesy of Jake, the manager. What a cool place! It's a renovated inn where Cary Grant, Marilyn Monroe, and other celebs stayed back in the '50s. It's super cool - every room has a different theme (ours was Route 66), and opens up into a beautiful pool area. The entire place is 50's themed, and takes the boring and creepiness out of Bed & Breakfasts! The breakfast in the morning was awesome, and I definitely am going to recommend this place to ANYONE staying in Palm Springs.
Today is my birthday, and has been a quiet one. Greg is on duty, so we celebrated my birthday partly on Monday and Tuesday, and we will really celebrate it on Saturday. On Saturday we are taking Rocky to the Palm Springs Dog Park, and are then taking him to walk in La Quinta's "Howl-o-ween Parade." He will dress up at Dogzilla. We can't wait!
So that's my update. I will also post pictures for everyone to see. Thanks for the birthday wishes, and keep in touch!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment